Tuesday, August 5, 2008

someone said this is therapy...

A friend who has blogged for 2 years now, recently posted an article that said blogging is therapeutic. hmmm. most who know me would say I could use therapy. Truthfully, I have considered this for a while, felt led actually, to journal for my sake and for the story it leaves for my family...but was and am still, afraid. Yes, afraid. Of what? Well, that would perhaps be too much to admit. and, too much of a good thing can be bad, right?? There are some I know who think this will be a waste of my time. Perhaps they are right, perhaps they are wrong. Only one way to find out...
I do greatly enjoy keeping up with all that my sweet friends are doing through their blogs, and many of those I know, and some I don't know, encourage me and strengthen my faith through their musings and writings. Because of the 'time' issues, I don't always allow myself the luxury of surfing those blogs I enjoy... This too can be a lesson, right? again, too much of a good thing...and all things in their time....

When I saw the 'create blog' button at the top of a friend's blog, I went with it. Has that link always been there?? I had a blogger account already, so step one taken care of. Next, a title... Coming up with a blog title took only a minute or two. I couldn't spend too long, or I would close the page and put off this journey, allowing fear, once again, to take over. So many people have such cute and insightful titles.... titles that tell a story, titles that show a snippet of what is to come if you actually read on.... how could I compete with all of those?? Then I remembered what another dear friend said around about 2 years ago when she started, stopped, and started blogging again-- it is for me, not really for others... (or something along those lines) do I allow fear to once again stop me?
{{Have you gathered that perfectionism often paralyzes action in my life??}}

This blog journey won't be even close to perfect, it will be disjointed, I will ramble, my words won't always make sense; I will always be apprehensive about what I write, about what you think, about sharing too much, or too little, about sounding stupid, about being boring, or wrong....and I will ramble randomly. often. I said that already. I know. Be warned. If you choose to join me on my journey. to follow along on the happenings and musings in my life, it won't be a smooth road.

More importantly, though, is that it is simply a start... and yet a continuation... of the journey of fostering faith. Faith in HIM. Faith in HIS ability to grow me and to use me. His word tells me Faith comes through action, through taking that first hard step into the unknown. Yes, I know this is only a little blog.... just random rambling words in cyberspace, but, for me, it is a small mustard seed size step...

Matthew 17:20 .....if you have FAITH the size of a mustard seed....nothing will be impossible to you.

3 comments:

staceykingman said...

Yay!! I knew it. You are a blogger. :) I can't wait...uh, no pressure...to see what you'll share in the weeks to come!

Shannon said...

that was beautiful. just like you. :) and i am totally green with envy over your background!

brickmomma said...

so glad to know you are out there........